So you've bought your new Treadmill for your home Gym (hopefully House Things ;-) Now it's time to get moving and make the most of it. So we've put together 4 Simple 30 Minute Home Treadmill Routines which we're sure will give you Maximum Benefit. So put on your running shoes and lets get running.
SIMPLE TREADMILL WORKOUT ROUTINE #1
This exercise routine will fly through and it will give you a great cardio workout and gradually build your speed and stamina.
- Start walking at a comfortable speed for one minute.
- Next move into an easy five minute jog. Take it easy, don’t push yourself.
- These five minutes are about warming up to get the blood flowing an warming up your body and muscles.
- Next run three quarters to full pace for 30 seconds.
- Ease back to a slow jog or walk for 90 seconds to catch your breath and get ready to do it again.
- Repeat this cycle another 9 times in total should last 18 minutes.
Time to cool down with an easy 4 minute jog.
SIMPLE TREADMILL WORKOUT ROUTINE #2
This workout combines running, walking and stepping side to side, which will give your glutes and quads and good workout.
- Begin your warm up with an easy walk for 5 minutes at a comfortable pace
- Now start with a light jog for 4 minutes.
- Go back to a walking speed and hold on to the side rail, twist to the side and drop down into a squatting position, and then start side-shuffling your feet. Keep holding on to the rail.
- Continue stepping side to side for 30 seconds and then return walking forward.
- Increase your pace to an easy jog 2 minutes. Slow back down to a 30 second side step on the opposite side the last walk.
- Continue this routine with 2 minutes of easy running, then 30 seconds of side stepping.
- Alternate sides as you go. Keep this up for 20 minutes
- The cool down with a light 5 minute jog.
Treadmill workout 30 minutes.
SIMPLE TREADMILL WORKOUT ROUTINE #3
Assuming your treadmill has an incline here is a great workout. It takes you running and running to walking which makes it quite achievable and gives your glutes some good toning.
- Start your routine with a 5-minute warm-up with a light jog or even a fast walk with the incline at 1%.
- Now raise the the incline to 2% and walk for 1 minute.
- Lower incline to 1% and run at a comfortable pace for 1 minute.
- Increase the incline to 3% and walk for 2 minutes.
- Lower incline to 1% and run at a comfortable pace for 2 minutes.
- Increase the incline to 4% and walk for 3 minutes.
- Lower incline to 1% and run at a comfortable pace for 3 minutes.
- Increase the incline to 4% and walk for 4 minutes.
- Lower incline to 1% and run at a comfortable pace for 4 minutes.
- Finish with a 5-minute cool-down of easy jogging or brisk walking.
In total you’ll end up with a 30 minute workout. Way to go!
SIMPLE TREADMILL WORKOUT ROUTINE #4
This running and walking treadmill workout is a great calorie burner. So lets get moving!
- Set the treadmill incline starting at 1% set off on a 3 minute walk or light jog.
- Then follow this routine.
- 30-second medium-paced running/30-second walk
- 1-minute medium-paced running/1-minute walk
- 2-minute medium-paced running/1-minute walk
- 3-minute medium-paced running/1-minute walk
- 4-minute medium-paced running/1-minute walk
- 3-minute hard running/1-minute walk
- 2-minute hard running/1-minute walk
- 1-minute hard running/1-minute walk
- 30-second hard running/30-second walk
- End the session with a 2 minute light jog to cool down with.
Total treadmill workout 30 minutes - Awesome. You've smashed it!